The majority of these toxins have one thing in common. What makes them toxic is that they rev up free radical production and promote inflammation. So, if we want to remain healthy and keep our children healthy, we need to focus on free radical/inflammation reduction and toxin elimination.
Here are 5 things you can do to increase the removal of toxins from the body:
1. Avoid it in the first place: This one seems obvious but bears repeating. Educate yourself of the toxic elements in your environment and avoid them as much as possible.
2. Direct Current Foot Baths: All Detox Foot Baths operate through a process called electrolysis. This is done by generating the proper amount of current in the foot bath water causing the molecules of H2O to divide producing negative ions. Once the negative ions are present in the water, the body absorbs these ions through osmosis and these ions remove free radicals.
3. Increase Glutathione in the body: Glutathione is the workhorse of the body's toxin elimination system. It provides detox effects at many different levels. Increasing your body's levels of this element improves your body's ability to detoxify. There are several different ways to elevate glutathione in the body.
- Undenatured Whey Protein (10-20g/day)
- NAC Nac-Acetyl Cysteine (100-600mg/day)
- Pomegranate Juice (8oz/day)
- Folic Acid, B6 and B12 vitamins
5. Breathing: Another way your body removes toxins is breathing (oxygen in and toxins out) so making sure you're using proper deep breathing mechanics is a must.
These five things can go a long way in increasing your body's ability to remove toxins naturally. In today's toxic environment, we need to do everything we can if we want to live a long healthy life.